Guarding, barriers and enclosures have a lot of utility in a manufacturing environment, and more and more companies seem to be migrating to aluminum extrusions for this purpose. Our company builds industrial framing using “aluminum t-slot extrusions” including safety guarding, temporary walls, barriers and machine enclosures.
The options available today for aluminum extrusion structures provides more customization for facilities managers, engineers and safety officers. More components with confirmed compatibility make it easy to build effective solutions. And as everyone seeks higher efficiency, manufacturing yields and higher employee morale, safety can be incorporated into the same solution easily.
The primary functions of a guard, a barrier or an enclosure are as follows:
- Prevention of entry into a dangerous area
- Prevention injury in areas of moving mechanical parts
- Prevention of injury due to flying objects
- Prevention of injury due to explosion/fire
- Reduction or elimination of debris spread from process
- Reduction or elimination of airborne particles from process
- Sound dampening and hearing protection
- Containment/separation of components within a process
- Provide awareness of danger
- Provide security and protection for valuable or fragile items.
- Adheres to standards such as OSHA
In its most elementary form, aluminum t-slot extrusions are connected together using extremely strong fasteners to create a...